Thursday, July 21, 2011

Daily sketch series

Well over on facebook, I've started a daily sketch series earlier this month, where I plan to draw a sketch of a character every day & include a quote they say or will say from the comic series. Here are a few that I've posted on facebook so far. There are def more to come! P.S. Its been really hard to draw these with the beastly hot weather we've had in Milwaukee. 


The one thing that I didn't do on facebook was give any commentary about the sketches, & on this blog that is something I will be doing, b/c its nice to review the sketches after I've had some time to sit & look at them.


The 1st sketch I made was the 'Tim' sketch. I wanted to draw Tim's sketch 1st b/c not only did my best friend whom the sketch is based off of get married, I am a huge fan of Tim's character. He is one of my favorites in the comic series. It is a sketch I'm very happy with. That sketch basically sums up who Tim is as a character, but def. not who 'Tim' is as a person, meaning the real Tim. The funny thing about Tim's character is he's based on an extremely small part of the real Tim's personality. 


 All the sketches were created in B&W, but I decided to photoshop them & add some color to help capture the mood of the drawing & text. Honestly I'm also pleased with Dave's sketch & Pete's, which our the 2nd & 3rd sketch in the series. Dave is the vocal leader of the group & Pete is the resident air head, but Pete does have a huge brain, which he gets to flex in issue #3. Upon finishing those sketches, I knew this would be a very funny project to complete.


My favorite out of this batch is the Tim sketch.





No comments:

Post a Comment