Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Daily Sketch Series Batch #2




The 2nd batch of drawings in the Summer Sketch Series. Much more to come. 


Well, here it goes. The 4th sketch, which is based on my character, Jason. A lot of the sketches in the series are goofy, but I knew I wanted my sketch to be a little more series in tone, b/c that is the character. Some thing similar to Charlie Brown, whom I based my character on or maybe even closer to 'Arnold' from Hey Arnold. 


Honestly, the sketch I was probably the most excited to draw was the 5th sketch, 'Steve' sketch. I decided to make his sketch the last of the 5 main characters, because Steve's character is very much the face & identity of the series. I think the series becomes harder to pull off with out him, so I tried to completely show why his character matters. And I believe I captured the spirit of him, & I'm very pleased with what I got. Steve is similar to a 10 yr old version of 'Calvin' from Calvin & Hobbes. 


The 6th sketch is none other than Iggy. She happens to be my favorite female character because she is so awkward. I really love awkward characters, Michael Scott, Charlie from 'Always Sunny.' Although, Iggy really isn't a funny character, I figured her social awkwardness was something people could relate to. So I took a quote for her that best shows that. I figured the adrenaline quote was the best one. 


My favorite out of this batch is the Steve sketch obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment