Monday, February 14, 2011

THE REASON I'M DOING THIS

Sometimes working on this book stuff becomes a struggle. I haven't really heard anything back from any e-mails that I've sent to local publications. It's really frustrating when I feel that I have something very good to offer. And I know I do. But at least some times I'm reminded why I'm doing this, even though I know its going to be struggle.

Today I led a drawing workshop with a bunch of children at the YMCA, and it was amazing (I'll post pictures soon). The kids really enjoyed themselves & had a good time drawing. And that was my only mission going into that workshop. I led it for free & gave out a few comics too. Beyond the goal to live off of my illustrations, my goal is to make an impact on children & help spread the joy that cartooning has given me. 
And well, today that goal was reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment